Monday, November 9, 2009

Wedding Timeline

I have been browsing lots and lots of wedding websites and blogs this week. I started out on theknot.com and found a forum post about DIY stuff. So I read the whole thread and looked at every person's profile or website. Which is how I ended up finding some really awesome sites!

As I was surfing through all of these amazing websites, I kept seeing wedding timelines. 5 months to go, a year to go, etc. And it made me realize. I am planning this wedding VERY quickly! Which is kinda really stressful! I have 2 months and one week to go! And compared to other brides or theknot.com I should have much more done than I do. With what I have done already, for my sanity, I should be at the 4-6 months range. Not the 2 month range!! Oy. I must be crazy.

Thankfully, I have amazing people helping me. My mom has gone with me several Saturdays to buy stuff that we need. She has been working on stuff during the week, sometimes even at her office! (SHH! Don't tell anyone!) My sister has been helpful too. She works a lot, but when I'm in town she goes with me places. Yesterday we went to David's Bridal for my fitting. She was great. I was in a lot of pain because I hurt my knee last week. She held my hands and let me lean on her while I was standing still for the alteration lady. What would I do without my sissiter?! (No that is not a spelling mistake!)

And last, but DEFINITELY not least, my bestie Kelly. She is so amazing. She has planned my bridal shower pretty much all by herself. And she lives 5 hours away! I live an hour away from where my wedding is, so it's been hard for me to do stuff. But she is amazing. I pretty much gave her free reign on the shower and bachelorette party. She's not telling me ANYTHING! I'm hoping I get my invite in the mail tomorrow. She told me she mailed them Saturday and my mom and sister have already gotten their's! (I think my mailman is hiding my mail though... That's for another day.)

I am very thankful for these amazing women in my life. I honestly wouldn't be where I am today if it weren't for them.

Much Love,

No comments:

Post a Comment